Faith and Policy - Spiritual health - what is it?
Faith and Policy
Bob Finch of Churches' Regional Commission in the North
East on Wed 28th Apr 10 9:53
Spiritual health - what is it?
There seems to be a rising tide of interest in spiritual issues/spirituality and there are various definitions of it:
- ‘the quality or condition of being spiritual’ The Oxford English Dictionary
- ‘not an intense form of other-worldliness but rather the heart of all religion and therefore of vital concern to ordinary men and women. …...that full and real life for which humanity is made;. Evelyn Underhill, The Spiritual Life.
- An attempt to grow in sensitivity to self, to others, to non-human creation and to God.
- The practice of interior life
- ‘our relationship with the sacredness of life, nature, and the universe, David Tacey, The Spiritual Revolution.
But taking this one step further:
- Is there such a thing as (good) spiritual health? If so,
- what does it look like and how is it developed or hindered?
- Can social conditions and social policies damage the nations spiritual health?
Are we human beings trying to be spiritual or spiritual beings trying to be human?
There are no comments on this blog entry.